July 13, 2007

The Original Slowhand & the Evil Minions




Artist: The Original Slowhand & the Evil Minions
Album: Bring Back The Funk. Please.
Genre: Funk, Blues, Soul

The Original Slowhand & the Evil Minions is a funk/blues band formed by Kiuas vocalist Ilja Jalkanen. It's rather odd, I think, that a power metal vocalist created an amazing funk album. The sound is an odd form of funk. Ilja plays guitars on the album in addition to playing the kazoo. The bass is funky but not slapped. Notable tracks include
Why I Rule, You're Still Breathin', and Have You Ever Hated Yourself. This is an unexpectedly amazing album from a great power metal vocalist.

Tracklist:
1. "." (0:28)
2. Why I Rule (3:10)
3. Shelter From The Rain (3:43)
4. My Baby (3:25)
5. I've Got To Go (3:54)
6. You're Still Breathin' (4:17)
7. ".." (0:35)
8. Ever Since I Was A Young Boy (4:08)
9. I Don't Know The Man (3:43)
10. Sometimes It's Good To Be Mistreated (3:13)
11. Should Have (3:39)
12. Have You Ever Hated Yourself (3:54)
13. "..." (0:28)

Download

No comments: