April 27, 2007

Symphony X

Seems like forever that my eyes have been denied, Home, I'm dreaming of home

Oh my. Symphony X. Progressive metal at it's very best. Musically quite similar to other prog metal bands, such as Dream Theater or Shadow Gallery, but with more symphonic elements and a somewhat heavier sound. Probably one of my current favourite bands, so I'm posting what I consider their album.

The Odyssey is their sixth studio album. The stand-out here is almost certainly the 24-minute long epic based on Homer's Odyssey, which tells the story of the warrior Odysseus's return home to Ithaca after the fall of Troy. Now, considering that the album's focus is one long-ish song, you would be forgiven for thinking that the other songs are just filler. You would be wrong. The other songs are still awesome, with King Of Terrors being a highlight for me.


Artist: Symphony X
Album: The Odyssey
Genre: Progressive Metal
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/officialsymphonyx

Track Listing:
1. "Inferno (Unleash the Fire)" – 5:32
2. "Wicked" – 5:30
3. "Incantations of the Apprentice" – 4:19
4. "Accolade II" – 7:04
5. "King of Terrors" – 6:16
6. "The Turning" – 4:12
7. "Awakenings" – 8:18
8. "The Odyssey" – 24:09
9. "Masquerade" – 6:01

Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FS33H4EI

-Steel Lord

No comments: