August 13, 2008

Emilie Simon



If my words are not that clear
I know my hearts is understading every little kiss
Of you

Just a sunny day in Paris
Please give back to me
I don't need to be romantic
I just have to be me

My lover is gone
But I'm not on my own
With all this little kisses of you
My lover is gone
But I'm not on my own
With all this little kisses of you



Émilie Simon born in Montpellier in 1978, is a French singer and composer of electronic music.

The daughter of a sound engineer, Émilie grew up in Montpellier, France. She studied lyric singing at a Conservatoire for seven years before studying ancient music at the Sorbonne and later electronic music at the IRCAM; she tried her hand at jazz and rock until finally turning herself towards electronic music. She concluded her advanced studies, obtaining her DEA in contemporary music.

This is her debut album, self-titled Émilie Simon. It was a commercial and critical success, and features such stand-out tracks as Flowers, Dancers in the Rain (one of the most emotionally affecting songs I've heard for a while) and a wonderful cover of I Wanna Be Your Dog.

Download

No comments: